The Laurel Foundation, (https://www.laurel-foundation.org/) dedicated to empowering children, youth and families affected by HIV/AIDS and trans/gender non-conforming youth, is seeking a passionate and dedicated Bilingual Outreach Coordinator who is responsible for the outreach and recruitment of the children and their families to participate in The Laurel Foundation’s year-round camp programs.
REPORTS TO: The position of Camp Director reports to the CEO
The Laurel Foundation, is dedicated to empoweringtransgender and gender non-conforming youth, and children youth and families affected by HIV/AIDS, is seeking a passionate and dedicated Bilingual Community Outreach Coordinator. We encourage members of the trans and HIV community to apply. The Laurel Foundation was founded and runs on love. Established in 1993, The Laurel Foundation is committed to providing year-round, educational and support programs to transgender/gender non-conforming youth and children, youth and families affected by HIV/AIDS. Through compassion and hope, The Laurel Foundation allows the children and youth we serve to experience the magic and wonders of childhood free from the stresses of their daily lives. The Laurel Foundation teaches children to believe in themselves and to understand each one of them has the ability to make his or her life as full and rich as the next child’s regardless of their gender identity or illness.
• Ability to relate to one’s peer group
• Ability to deal with conflict and challenge in a way to create a positive result
• Ability to accept guidance and supervision
• Good character, integrity, and ability to adapt to camp setting
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control
• Familiar with Salesforce
• MAC literate and proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Good telephone manner
• Maintain a professional and confidential manner at all times
• Good driving record and insurance
• Familiarity / knowledge of trans and HIV issues
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Serve as primary client and service provider liaison for recruitment of participants for residential camp programs, day camps, collaborative day events, and other support programs. Responsible for 100% program attendance/participation levels.
• Outreach to new clients and service providers for all programs, which includes researching new methods and attending recruitment events.
• Maintain participant spreadsheets and application files for all programs.
• Maintain an up-to-date and organized filing system. Develop new files as needed.
• Responsible for final residential camper information (e.g., cabin groups, bus list, master spreadsheet, waitlist, etc.) and mentee application completion.
• Ensure that camp programs are in compliance with American Camp Association program standards
(sections PD, PA, PC, PH, and PT) standards. This is inclusive of policies and procedures as well as written documentation where needed.
• Create, assemble and mail out participant application packets for all programs (e.g., recruitment packets, confirmation packets, and incomplete application follow-up mailings).
• Follow-up with families regarding application status through phone, email, Facebook, and/or mail with the aim of completing participant applications.
• Review and assist families in completing applications.
• In a timely manner, process applications and forward to Medical Director for review.
• Responsible for in-kind donations for all program equipment needs (including apparel).
• Promote and coordinate community involvement in the delivery of programs.
• Prepare reports for annual board retreat meeting.
• Facilitate parent orientation meetings.
• Provides assistance to other staff members of proper office procedures.
• Performs various miscellaneous delivery, pick-up and clerical functions as needed.
• Participate in fundraising. Help in event planning as needed.
• Perform other independent projects, as required and assigned.
$17-$20/HOUR (Based on experience).
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our team as Bilingual Outreach Coordinator and bringing hope, joy, and laughter into the lives of children, youth and families affected by HIV/AIDS, and trans/gender non-conforming youth, please email your resume with cover letter to Jobs@Laurel-Foundation.org